Some of the most popular Parallels promo codes, coupons and upgrade discounts of the season have just been updated. See below to save up to 50% on your order from parallels.com and authorized resellers.
Save up to 40% on a full version of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac. We have an entire page dedicated to the newest discounts and coupons available now for Desktop 8 (our program of choice to help you run your PC programs on a Mac). Plus, if you buy from parallels.com you can also take advantage of several of the available bundle discounts or volume license discounts if you need to install it on multiple computers (or if you are sharing with a friend).
Get up to 30% off on Parallels Desktop for Upgrading to Windows 7. See all our favorite Parallels.com promo codes and discounts to save when upgrading to Microsoft Windows 7. We are also tracking the deals offered at Amazon on top of the standard free shipping and no sales tax that is available in most states.
One of our most popular deals: Get 50% off on Parallels 7 if you are switching from using VMware Fusion. In an attempt to get existing customers to switch over, you can get a copy of Parallels 8 for 50% off as long as you can provide a valid VMware license key. Simply enter your license code into the validation box on vmware.com and you will see the switch offer price reflected in your shopping cart.
Download the free trial version of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and use for 14 days. Parallels.com lets you try Desktop 7 for Mac or most of their other software free for 14 days. After the free trial period, you have to option to either use one of our promo codes to get a discount on the full version or uninstall the trial copy. No credit card is needed for the free trial.
Our review of Parallels Desktop 8:
Parallels Desktop 8 is one of the best selling desktop visualization software programs that allow you to create virtual machines on your computer and run Windows or other guest operating system on your Mac. Windows is still by far the most vastly used operating system, nevertheless Apple has been selling more computers and overall, people are more Apple savvy. Those who decided to switch from using Windows to Mac OS X might still have countless photos, files, browser favorites, games, or other software that run only on Windows. Or you might simply need more time getting used to navigating a new operating system. Whatever your situation is, with Parallels Desktop 7 those worries can be put aside and one computer can now run more than one operating system without complications and relatively efficiently.
Keep in mind that Parallels Desktop 8 does not come with a Windows operating system (or any other operating system supported by the software, such as Linux or Solaris) and you have to acquire it on your own. What’s neat about Parallels Desktop 8 is that it allows you to choose the operating system you want to run on your Mac. Rather than settle for a pre-installed operating system that comes with a purchase of a new computer, you can choose to install Windows 7, Vista, XP, and even Server 2008 and 2003. You can also transfer your Windows or Linux based computer to a Parallels virtual machine and use it on your Mac.
Parallels Desktop 8 allows for seamless use of the computer in Windows environment, and you’re not limited to using only Windows programs, you can simultaneously use both Windows and Mac OS X on one desktop. You can share files between the two operating systems, and introduce a lot of customization to the desktop theme. You can transform Windows applications to look like Mac applications and allow Virtual Machine to allow Windows and Mac applications to access all the documents and files. You can also decide to maintain your Windows applications to appear in one window as if you were looking at your PC.
Some of the new features and improvements in Parallels Desktop 8 include:
- – Reduced CPU usage, longer battery life, quicker installation, faster Windows startup.
- – Improved 3D graphics 80% faster than Parallels Desktop 7.
- – 35% faster virtual machine with new SATA drive support that allow for more guest operating systems that require this type of drive.
- – Shared folders that are twice as fast as before.
- – Dual antivirus security software for both operating systems (Kaspersky Internet Security for Windows and Kaspersky Antivirus for Mac; they will expire 3 months after registration and you will be presented with an option to purchase a full year subscription).
- – Mac parental control settings are automatically applied to virtual machine you create so all the restrictions are immediately applied to the Windows applications.
- – Backup option allows Time Machine to back up virtual machine.
- – Windows icon in the dock allows you to access common Windows Start menu applications (control Panel, Default Programs, Devices and Printers, Control Panel).
- – Use Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts in Windows applications and vice versa.
- – Parallels apps are now available for iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone allowing you to run Windows applications on the respective devices.
Maclife.com rated Parallels Desktop 7 “Excellent” with a score of 4.5 out of 5. Negative comments were related to slow operating in some circumstances, like games. There were also some glitches while using Ubuntu operating system (couldn’t switch to a full-screen mode) but in general it considers it a solid product that can “change the way you work and play.”
As soon as the next release of Parallels Desktop 9 will come out, we will update this page with the latest coupon codes and special offers.